User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nano7mobile.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nano Mobile: [Q] Upgrading Xperia mini pro sk17i from stock rom topic

[Q] Upgrading Xperia mini pro sk17i from stock rom topic






I have an Xperia mini pro sk17i with 2.3.4 Android. I'd like to flash newer/custom roms to it, but I've got a few questions/issues.

So far I've removed the sim lock and I *think* (it was a while ago now) I have unlocked the boot loader with the test point method. In service info it says "rooting status: Bootloader unlock allowed :yes", is that what I should see after a test point unlock? I also tried the fastboot.exe unlock, but that comes back saying that "phone is already unlocked". I don't recall whether I've rooted the phone or not.

Next step is I'd really like to take a backup of my stock rom before I reflash it. Is there a way to read the current firmware back off the phone and make an image file of it? Everything I found talks about a slightly different way to get it - using SUS (which doesn't work any more), or PC companion to download the firmware from Sony, and then create an image file from that. PC companion (v2.1) seems to get stuck in an infinite loop. Whenever it detects the phone, it comes up on the phone screen: "do you want to install the pc companion software on your computer". If I say yes it just downloads and installs what is already there. And then it just tells me that my phones memory is not accessible, and to check for sim card and screen unlocked. Even if they both are, it won't detect it.

I also tried to use the Sony program called "Emma", which I think does the same thing, but in bootloader mode? Yesterday I got it started and connected my phone, and I think it said my phone still needed boot loader unlocking first (but I thought it was. maybe not then)?? Today Emma won't even load - it says Win XP isn't supported any more, but I'm sure it worked yesterday on this pc!

I don't want to go any further without backing up the stock firmware if possible, so what should I try next?






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire