User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nano7mobile.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nano Mobile: How I got TW Lollipop running on my Ringplus Note 3 topic

How I got TW Lollipop running on my Ringplus Note 3 topic






My Note 3 is activated on the Sprint MVNO Ringplus, so I probably went through more trouble than most to get the leaked Lollipop build up and running. I figured I'd show what I did in case anyone else wanted to do the same as well. I believe SMS is currently not working. This isn't an issue for me because I use Google Voice as my primary number, so my texts go through data instead of traditional SMS.

It would probably be best to do a Profile and PRL update before you begin, as you won't have the option of doing them on the new ROM.
First I made a complete backup followed by a full wipe, and then I flashed g00h's tweaked odex lollipop ROM v.1.1 here.
Next I flashed the bluetooth/wifi fix found in this thread here. Make sure you download version 2 (the file that's 1.83MB).
Next I had to get mobile data working, so I used the APN backup & restore app from the Play store. I used the APN settings listed by jackal830 here. I copied the text, pasted it into an xml file, and placed that file in the APN backup & restore app's folder so that it could restore the Ringplus APN settings. Using the app, I first deleted the current APN settings, and I then restored from the newly created xml file.
The next problem was that my all of my wifi passwords would be forgotten everytime the phone would reboot. I did a quick search and found this post here. Following dajumper's suggestion, I edited the build.prop using Root Explorer, and changed the line from "ro.securestorage.support=true", to "ro.securestorage.support=false". This made my wifi passwords stick on reboot.

After doing all of that, everything is up and running great. I'm really enjoying Samsung's implementation of Lollipop. In order to get this working on Sprint instead of Ringplus, I'd imagine you'd only have to locate a Sprint APN file generated from the APN backup & restore app, and use that instead.

If anyone else has the same setup as me, and wants to give this try, enjoy!






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire