User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nano7mobile.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nano Mobile: HDX - Long term damage caused by running Safestrap - lack of wear levelling? topic

HDX - Long term damage caused by running Safestrap - lack of wear levelling? topic






Hi all,
I have managed to install safestrap and a nexus rom on a 7" HDX so all appears to be working well.

I had a google and found this post: (at next post as I am not allowed to post links - you get to it by clicking here
wp.chmurka.net/?p=479
(apologies for the formatting I am a noob so cant post links)

seems to indicate that without doing some special magic (for want of a better term) which I am unwilling to do given the 'special' nature of the HDX - it will slow down over time due to a lack of wear leveling in safe strap.

Given the number of people using safestrap this may be a concern...

I keep devices for years and years (even cheap ones) so I want to make sure my kindle lasts as long as possible

Am I interpreting this right - are there any other solutions to this problem? Is it even a problem ?

I will mostly use my tablet for reading pdfs / internet browsing and running the odd app - I shouldn't accumulate a huge amount of writes on the storage - although the usual updates of android and various apps will occur.

I would appreciate informed readers views on this.

Many Thanks,
Rob






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire