User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: http://nano7mobile.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml Nano Mobile: [Q] Unable to connect to Vodafone 3G (C5302) topic

[Q] Unable to connect to Vodafone 3G (C5302) topic






Hi
I am in Kolkata India and recently switched from a 2G to a 3G plan with Vodafone Kolkata. Ever since then, my problem is that I am unable to connect to 3G using WCDMA. Neither voice nor data works. If I revert to GSM only, then voice and 2G works fine. Wifi has been fine and my saviour at home.
Phone details: Sony Xperia SP C5302 running Android 4.3 build 12.1.A.1.205.
I have confirmed with network service that it is not a SIM card issue, by carrying out the foll. tests already
1- Signal strength in the area of use : At the time when I am unable to connect to 3G, my colleague sitting in the next desk and using a Motorola phone is consistently able to connect to the same 3G network from his phone. So the network strength must be fine.
2- SIM damaged or dirty - I have obtained a new SIM card as replacement, after this problem started, from my service provider yesterday. But the problem is not resolved.
3- Manual network search and connection - I have tried this many times, using WCDMA only or WCDMA(Preferred) options. In either case, only on rare occasions, the phone was able to connect to a network. However, 3G data connection (H+ icon) did not show and then the phone disconnects from network. On most occasions, when I manually attempt to connect to the 3G network, I get the message "Could not register to the selected network. Make sure SIM is inserted."
3- Trying different SIM/Handset - I have tried out both options of switching SIM and handset.
- My SIM on Motorola handset - connects to H+
- Another SIM on my Sony - momentarily connects, then disconnects and then does not connect to network.

Please let me know if anyone has faced similar issues and found any resolution. Thank you in advance.






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire